EQ in the Workplace
As a certified coach in Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence (SEI) Leadership Development, I offer these two workshops:
Intro to Emotional Intelligence: Relationship Skills for Optimal Performance
According to Dr. Stephen Covey, “Research shows convincingly that EQ is more important than IQ in almost every role and many times more important in leadership roles. This finding is accentuated as we move from the control philosophy of the industrial age to an empowering release philosophy of the knowledge worker age”.
In this workshop participants learn why that being “smart with feelings” helps you develop an optimal relationship with yourself and others. We will explore:
- The key reasons for increasing emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Three practical EQ techniques that to improve communication, performance and understanding
- A quick and easy way to avoid being “hijacked” by emotion
- A deeper understanding of individuals’ values and how they impact achieving ones’ long term goals
Participants will also have the opportunity to take the Six Seconds – SEI Assessment and receive an individualized Emotional Intelligence Strengths Report.
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
The EQ Leader: Emotional Intelligence at the Heart of Performance is a comprehensive package of services that explores the key tools for improving the people-side of leadership. Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the foundation for highly effective workplace relationships – a key component in building trust, influence and engagement. Emotionally intelligent leaders create higher productivity, better customer service, greater sales and longer employee retention. EQ has also been proven to have a significant impact on health, relationship quality and overall quality of life.
The first step is to complete the Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Assessment (SEI) online. The SEI is a validated, normative self-report tool with 104 items, self-correcting indices for positive impression and answer style, and a consistency index for validity.
The second step is to attend the 1-day workshop on Leading with Emotional Intelligence which offers new insights and simple practical tools and covers topics including:
- The EQ Leader – learn how emotional intelligence is a critical component to breakthrough leadership
- Patterns – understand your own behavior and reactions and learn a powerful tool for increasing personal mastery.
- Emotional Literacy – decode the hidden language of emotions and learn how to access the wisdom contained in them.
- Navigate Emotions – see how to manage emotions on a deep level.
- Optimism – increase your personal energy and effectiveness.
- Empathy – learn how to truly listen.
Noble Goals – connect with your deep sense of purpose in order to make more effective decisions and communicate them in a way that is compelling.
- Into Action – develop a plan for next steps.
The last step following the training, is a one-to-one telephone coaching session to debrief each participants SEI Leadership assessment and the development of an individual action plan. This is a critical step to developing and applying EQ competencies. Participants may elect for additional follow-up coaching.